Dental services for children
Your little ones’ first trips to the dentist are really important for so many reasons. As well as helping their teeth develop properly, it’s the time to nip any nerves in the bud, and set up a lifelong routine for a bright, clean, healthy smiles.
Here at The Practice @ Willington, we’re completely committed to making early dentist experiences great ones. It’s all about being gentle and patient, and explaining exactly what’s happening step-by-step, so children understand exactly what’s happening and why.
Children’s dental services
- Regular examinations tailored to your child’s ability to cope at the dentist
- Oral hygiene instruction – for us, it’s all about prevention, prevention and more prevention!
- Fluoride varnish application where required
- If we are unlucky enough to need them...white fillings as standard
Did you know?
- All our dentists are parents themselves
- Dr Donna Mills (BChD), our lead dentist, qualified with a Distinction in Children’s Dentistry from Leeds in 2005, though all our dentists are hand-picked for their friendly, calm, gentle approach
- Lizzie Shenton, our dental therapist, has experience in sedation and community dentistry, taking a specialist interest in treating extremely nervous patients and children
When should I first bring my child to the dentist?
As soon as they have their first teeth!
How much does it cost?
Children’s plans start from £5.95 per month. Find out more here.
What should we expect during a first appointment?
We aim to get to know your child, helping them to grasp what’s happening and why, so – we hope! – they’ll eventually even enjoy coming to the dentist.
We’ll talk to your little one in language they can understand, and take the appointment at their own pace using positive reinforcement, praise and reward to encourage a smooth dental visit for all involved.
I’m a nervous patient – can you help me?
The best news is that we can help you feel more confident about keeping your smile healthy too – we run special sessions for nervous patients.
Can you help nervous child patients?
We aim to help every child improve their confidence at the dentist and can make you as a parent aware of all the options open to the child for treatment to help you make an informed, considered decision best suited to your child.